Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spotlight

This is a post I've decided to do when a book grabs me and doesn't let go. All of these books get an A+. The object of this spotlight post is... Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cover-perfectchemistry.jpg

Summary from Amazon-Tough guy Alex is primarily known by his classmates as a dangerous member of the Latino Bloods gang. He’s not exactly thrilled when Brittany Ellis, the school’s seemingly perfect beauty queen, is assigned as his lab partner—and the feeling is more than mutual. But Alex’s bravado works against him when he impulsively accepts a bet that he can get Brittany in the sack.

I know that everyone has pretty much loved this book. So, when I read it, I wasn't expecting a lot because I tend to not like books that everyone else loves. However, I was wrong. There was just some thing about this book that caught me and made me incredibly happy and joyous. I don't know if it was the way anyone could relate to it, or if it was how Simone Elkeles wrote Alex's character, but I loved this book and thought it was fantastic and amazing. The only thing I did not like about this book was the epilogue, only because it seemed to be a little too perfect, but other than that, I thought it was an interesting, heartfelt, and awesome book, and I am so excited for the next one featuring Carlos, Alex's brother, called Rules of Attraction

No comments:

Post a Comment