Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Great Home of the Soul is the Open Road

Only one review today...

ref=dp_image_0.jpg


Velva Jean Learns to Drive by Jennifer Niven- I really enjoyed reading this book. I thought it was descriptive and interesting, and throughout the whole book, i felt involved in Velva Jean's story. My favorite character by far was Johnny Clay. He was an excellently written character, and he was easy to relate to. I thought that Ms. Niven excelled at drawing the reader into the story, and she really showed Velva Jean's development as a character. She showed Velva Jean's growth and maturity, and helped me sympathize with her feelings of loss, abandonment, and entrapment in Alluvial and Devil's Kitchen. The high point for me was her marriage to Harley, but the beginning bored me at first. All in all, a very creative, interesting, and unique book.




1 comment: